Announcing Friends’ 2022 Winter Photo Contest
Announcing Friends’ 2022 Winter photo contest
Ice is (almost) out on the lakes of the Boundary Waters. But before winter is too far in the rearview mirror, we’d like to see your best outdoor winter pics from the northland!
Send us your best winter photos for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to REI, and to have your images help advance our mission to protect, preserve and restore the BWCA.
Deadline for entry is June 1. Winners will be announced the following week.
- Please submit photographs in the highest resolution you have.
- By entering, you agree to allow Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness to use the submitted photos in our advocacy and outreach efforts. This includes emails, social media and printed materials. We will credit you.
- Rename your photos by using the following formula: “first name_last name_social handle” For example: “Samuel_Beckett_@sammyB” If you have a Twitter/ Instagram handle, include that info in the file name too.
- You can enter as many photos as you like. Simply email them to email@example.com or by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
- Some tips: Nothing makes us cringe like a bad photoshop job. We tend to favor pictures with people in them. However, that doesn’t mean you should go and photoshop your sweetheart into a landscape shot with some grazing moose.
Are you looking out for aquatic invasive species in the Boundary Waters? Simple steps to protect the BWCA by preventing…
Adventurer Emily Ford and her dog, Diggins, team up for an inspiring Boundary Waters adventure through harsh, winter conditions to…
This presentation will help you plan for your next BWCA - especially those who will be going to the BWCA…