BWCA at the Capitol
Minnesota is known as the land of 10,000 lakes and sky-blue waters, yet, Minnesota’s status as a clean water state is taken for granted. Minnesota’s clean water is under threat in several ways with the largest threat being proposed copper-sulfide mining projects like PolyMet and Twin Metals.
Copper-sulfide mining has never been done in Minnesota and has never been done anywhere without polluting. To ensure that our state has clean water for future generations, it is imperative that the legislature enact new laws to protect clean water.
Tuesday, May 10th, Boundary Waters Supporters are gathering virtually to take action and urge Minnesota’s elected leaders to protect clean water for future generations.
Join fellow BWCA protectors in taking action by following the steps below. Additionally, the Friends will be holding a “Virtual Rally” at noon on the 10th to gather and hear from Boundary Waters Champions in the legislature.
Share with your community – Post on Social Media!
- Share a post encouraging people to take action for clean water and the BWCA
Sample Post (copy/paste)
Today I’m doing something to protect Minnesota’s clean water. Please join me! Click the link, and take the quick, easy steps to contact Governor Walz and your legislators. #BWCAattheCapitol
- Or write your own post about clean water – make it real, make it authentic. Share a story, a personal anecdote, tell them what and why the wilderness means to you. People connect with you and your passion, with your sense of wonder! It’s contagious!
- Be sure to add a link to https://www.friends-bwca.org/bwca-at-the-capitol/
- Use hashtag #BWCAattheCapitol
- Get fancy. Add a photo to your post!