Announcing the Friends’ 2021 Photo Contest
Our annual photo contest is back!
Send us your Boundary Waters photos for a chance to win one of eight prizes, and to have your images help advance our mission to protect, preserve and restore the BWCA.
There are eight categories with eight winners. Each winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to REI.
Deadline for entry is November 15. Winners will be announced a week or so later.
- Please submit photographs in the highest resolution you have.
- By entering, you agree to allow Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness to use the submitted photos in our advocacy and outreach efforts. This includes emails, social media and printed materials. We will credit you.
- Rename your photos by using the following formula: “first name_last name_handle_category” For example: “Samuel _Beckett_@sammyB_Dogs” If you have a Twitter/ Instagram handle, include that info in the file name too.
- You can enter as many photos as you like. Simply email them to email@example.com or by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
- Some tips: Nothing makes us cringe like a bad photoshop job. We tend to favor pictures with people in them. However, that doesn’t mean you should go and photoshop your sweetheart into a landscape shot with some grazing moose.
We know some of these categories overlap. Just pick the one that seems to fit your photo the best.
- On the Water
- Friends and Family
A proposed joint venture could lead to a mega mine that would pollute both Lake Superior and the Boundary Waters.
It's time to start planning for your summer Boundary Waters adventure. Explore the most complete online collection of BWCA resources.
Thanks to your passion and conviction, we've achieved five crucial wins for clean water and the Boundary Waters in 2022.